• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Vp44 is here... truck is de-tarred...

I should of never powerwashed the dang thing! I never would of found the snapped off peg on the bottom of the intercooler (or the crack leading away from the broken peg)... easy fix, I'll weld a 5/16ths rod to a fender washer, then JB weld the whole thing to the bottom of the intercooler.should have the new pump hung and plumbed by tomorrow... barring any new winter storms! But still waiting on the front crank seal.Son Rob claims the radiator is 10 pounds lighter now....power washed it back and forth for half an hour. Need to hit it tomorrow with soap to cut the last of the oil film meanwhile, I was under there trying to spot where all my PS fluid is running out... typical output shaft seals are gone on the steering gear. And there is quite a bit of slop in the shaft. I wont rebuild it myself.. Rockauto has several branded exchange units for 100-180$BTW, the new VP DID come with new electronics and new overflow valve. (DAP) I also see my idler is cocked over, and causing the serp belt to ride over. I guess it's better to get all this crap out of the way now...BEFORE it's time to haul cattle!

when it rains it poors! I was in the same boat last month. Got sidelined with a stuck caliper and consequently a warped rotor :mad: Since I had to remove my wheel bearing to seperate my rotor, I got into looking everything over. Balljoint boots were dry rotted, shocks were looking (and feeling) worn, so I dove in head first. New axle u joints, upper and lower ball joints, drilled and tapped the wheel bearings to make them greasable, new front shocks, turned the rotors down, replaced faulty caliper and dis assembled the other one to make sure I wouldnt have any problems with it...:pant: Im getting tired again just thinking about it! I also finally got around to throwing in my new injectors that have been sitting on the shelf for a few months and changed my front and rear diff fluid. Good news is, shes ready for summer! Good luck with the install!

grape diesel fuel!Mixed up the wally world 2 stroke oil today and guess what color off-road diesel red becomes when blue is added? Looks just like thin grape koolaid. I swear that 903 is less 'ticky' with that oil in the fuel! So, now that that project is done, should be able to finish up the 2000 ram tomorrow, at least get the engine buttoned back up.

• Owner

Comes back to the fact the cetane level is lower and the fuel is burning slower. Less hammer explosions and more of a slow pushing burn. Now it will take some figuring on your part to find the mixture that is optimal to you setup. Too much oil can degrade the performance of the fuel too. So make sure to figure it out.

• Like 1

Comes back to the fact the cetane level is lower and the fuel is burning slower. Less hammer explosions and more of a slow pushing burn. Now it will take some figuring on your part to find the mixture that is optimal to you setup. Too much oil can degrade the performance of the fuel too. So make sure to figure it out.

Makes sense. I never thought of it that way.

well, originally, I was just thinking about staying with the common 1 oz. per gallon. I am a little 'rich' now, probably 1.5-2 oz.After I took the tractor down the road for it's preliminary run/check for leaks... the pyrometer said it was just a snort warmer than when it had the old injectors and straight diesel. Maybe 50* Now just buzzing down the road with no load (other than it's own weight 34,000#) I am seeing 650-750* Most typical days will burn around 150 gallons, and I try to fill tractors before shutting down with fuel while they are still hot.That keeps a cooling off tractor from pulling moist air into the tank and condensing water during the night.To keep things fairly simple, One gallon of 2 stroke per 'fill' should keep me pretty close!

• 2 weeks later...

Damn 1 oz per gallon sounds rich actually. Yea I use the wall-of-china mart outboard tc3w ashless stuff too. typically 160z per tankful on my fat 35 gallon tank. works out to a lil less than 1/2oz per gal.I guess I'm not the only one buying this stuff as even in the middle of winter they are sometimes out of stock. Lots of guys running outboard motors in mid winter? doubt it lol