• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Question on a gas rig

I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum but I need to get some quick feedback from anyone who might know something on an 03 Ram 1500 with a V6??My youngest Son is looking at this truck with 187K and the Owner is willing to make a good deal, but it has some engine noise which a mechanic told him was likely a rocker arm.I was planning to go look at it Friday and see for myself.My question is does anybody know if an 03 V6 would be a Roller cam engine? or flat tappet?I realize a noise like that could be any number of things, but replacing a roller cam setup is considerable more :spend: than an ordinary flat tappet if that proves to be the case.

Collapsed lifter? What's the oil pressure like?

I`m thinking a worst case scenario either a collapsed lifter, or a cam lobe going flat.. I know at some point most engine manufacturers have swithched to roller cam & lifters for pushrod engines.. Which could be a good thing because a person could probably just replace the lifter set if the cam is still within spec. I`m not familiar at all with an 03 Dodge V6, and I`m just trying to get an idea before I go look at it this weekend.