• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

4wd drive light always dimly lit

Hi Guys, I noticed that my four wheel drive light is always on but dimly lit. The 4wd drive actuator and switch are fully functional. I have provided the wiring diagram in the following link. The 4wd is switched on the ground side of the circuit. I have power after the switch but loose it before the abs sensor switch and at the 4wd light connection to the dash. i believe that i have a leaking ground, broken wire, or bad connection either before or at joint connector no. 3. does anyone know where this is located? Thanks. http://articles.mopar1973man.com/images/2ndgen24v/antilock-brake-system/4w-abs-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably the quickest and easiest ways I can think of is to disconnect the ground from the socket and run a new ground wire to a known good ground source. If that remedies your issue then you know your ground is bad. Or it will tell you it's not a ground issue and you need to start chasing the feed wire.

so in doing a little investigating i think that i found g100 and it appears to be a solid ground. i hooked up the light tester to the positive terminal of the battery and probed at the 4wd drive switch (both leads good), i then probed after the first connection (both leads good), and finally i probed the ground connection g100 and that also seemed to be good. but when i probed the wire at the abs control module and the wire behind the dash, i have no ground so i must loose it somewhere between the switch and then abs and instrument cluster but i cant seem to trace it back to that connection.