4wd drive light always dimly lit

Hi Guys, I noticed that my four wheel drive light is always on but dimly lit. The 4wd drive actuator and switch are fully functional. I have provided the wiring diagram in the following link. The 4wd is switched on the ground side of the circuit. I have power after the switch but loose it before the abs sensor switch and at the 4wd light connection to the dash. i believe that i have a leaking ground, broken wire, or bad connection either before or at joint connector no. 3. does anyone know where this is located? Thanks. http://articles.mopar1973man.com/images/2ndgen24v/antilock-brake-system/4w-abs-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably the quickest and easiest ways I can think of is to disconnect the ground from the socket and run a new ground wire to a known good ground source. If that remedies your issue then you know your ground is bad. Or it will tell you it's not a ground issue and you need to start chasing the feed wire.

so in doing a little investigating i think that i found g100 and it appears to be a solid ground. i hooked up the light tester to the positive terminal of the battery and probed at the 4wd drive switch (both leads good), i then probed after the first connection (both leads good), and finally i probed the ground connection g100 and that also seemed to be good. but when i probed the wire at the abs control module and the wire behind the dash, i have no ground so i must loose it somewhere between the switch and then abs and instrument cluster but i cant seem to trace it back to that connection.