• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Downloading and Download area

• Owner

Ok. I'm starting to see people asking once again about the download area and why its locked and what is the password. So I'm going to explain it all out for everyone.

First off this site is hosted and ran with member donations to pay for all bills. So this means that donated family members should have first right to the files since they have pay for a share of the bandwidth for the server. So for someone to register and want to down load instantly is not going to happen. This is what is known as file leeching. To prevent this issue you start as a limited member until you reach 20 post where you've helped other family members. Once you helped others by posting 20 times then you account is update to Standard Member. This way you you are helping us and we are help you.

Why have a 20 post limit? At the time of this posting there is 1.1 GB worth of downloadable files. We have a 100 GB bandwidth limit on the site so if 100 people came through uncontrolled and downloaded every file they could they would push the site over its bandwidth limit in very short time. Then site family would be stuck holding the bag for paying the over-bandwidth charge of the hosting company to keep the site on the Internet. So 20 post are a small price to pay to gain access to the Download area or if you would like you can throw a few coins to the donation bucket to pay for bandwidth.

As for files all files are compressed and packaged up in a RAR file and have the password "mopar1973man.com" without the quotes. The reason for this is that I has issues with people tampering with the files on the server and destroying the files so using a non-standard compression tool and a password has kept the files safe and undamaged. If you have other manuals to share please get a hold of Mopar1973Man and we'll set-up a method of transferring the data to the site.

• Like 1

• Owner

Thanks Mike. Good to see you keep a tight leash on this stuff. I don't care what whining you get from folks. Your house, your rules.

Correction.

Thanks Mike. Good to see you keep a tight leash on this stuff. I don't care what whining you get from folks. The Family house, The Family rules.

:wink: