• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil pressure Gauge

• 2 months later...

Where is the sender for the oil pressure gauge located mine reads 40 psi any time the key is in the run position. David

I thought the 98+ cummins' were just indicator (on/off) gauges..? So if you have sufficient pressure, it reads 40, if not, it reads 0.

post-45-138698164217_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

mine moves around...starts high when cold and goes down when warm. goes up with rpms. but i still think its a dummy gauge

Sorry for the late post changed sender gage varies with temp like yours. :hyper:

• Staff

I thought the 98+ cummins' were just indicator (on/off) gauges..? So if you have sufficient pressure, it reads 40, if not, it reads 0.

It depends on the flash the ECM has, if the software is original then its still a gauge, if its newer its an idiot needle. The 3rd gens are only idiot needles, only a pressure switch is on the block. :banghead:

It depends on the flash the ECM has, if the software is original then its still a gauge, if its newer its an idiot needle. The 3rd gens are only idiot needles, only a pressure switch is on the block. :banghead:

So if I get a reflash to get the fast idle and 3 cyl idle I will lose the functionality of the gage.

• Owner

mine moves around...starts high when cold and goes down when warm. goes up with rpms. but i still think its a dummy gauge(ie it is based off other things, like coolant temp and rpm, not actual pressure)

So does mine but watch the video...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUYO-lJe36w

You guys need to idle them much lower and conserve fuel. :lmao: My oil pressure is always there at that temp, think 75F out right now, it goes up with coldness but hardly, just acts like a on/off gauge. When I hooked a real gauge up I see 90 on cold days and it will drop as it warms up going down below 60psi.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmOspG5PafQ

Tag on the side of the block says 920, which is actually where it sounds perfectly smooth to an incredible degree, but I don't want to snap my neck letting off the clutch :stuned:http://www.mopar1973man.com//isx97/Truck%20Stuff/Ryan's%20Dodge/Engine%20Pull/IMG_0430.JPG

Well that is interesting. Wonder why mine says to idle so high. It had a 16th left in it and I ended up going to town and back 60 mile round trip, probably good for another 50 :tongue: Gotta drive slow :lol:That idle thing though, hmmmmm, I'm gonna research and see what all the different cummins' idle at.