• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

used dodge ram with cummins......

that is interesting to me as my work (largest ford dealership in Indiana) has been get a used dodge ram with cummins as either trade in or from car auction (ADESA). I did inspection on all cummins trucks since I has own mine and work on those before... but the point is The Cummins truck are very quicker to sold than used ford trucks at my work except 7.3L.... even when I had worked on 2006 dodge ram 3500 dually as had bad clutch pedal feeling from clutch release bearing(aka throwout bearing). I was pulled the G56, the buyer was looking around the truck (the truck was on top position of lift machine), the buyer had chat with me on paper and pen as ask me what is wrong with it. I told him honest statement. it was good truck and everything look good except bad clutch and throwout bearing as has little slip and bad noise/feeling. the buyer told me thank you and had the saleman to marked it as sold.. I told him "what you are plan to use it", he said he own a automotive transportation company and he only want a dodge ram 3500 with manual transmission as either NV5600 or G56. he has like 5 cummins trucks that are still running and towing somewhere... also I has worked on other cummins truck that had bought from car auction and I was not sure why it was from car auction that it is looking really clean and in very good shape... so I had good inspection around and it was seem like the previous owner had been take care of it really good but problem is it has little lower miles on odometer.. it had sold after 3 days in sale lot... when I was drove my cummins to my work, few buyers was looking at my truck, my work salemans knew it is mine and ask me if I am think about sell it.. I had simple answer as it is not for sale... thank you for ask me...

When a clean low mileage truck is selling for almost the same price it was stickered at how many years ago, yes it does surprise me. I've never seen that with any other vehicle with the exception of rare collectibles or classics. And up until the newer emissions trucks came out the prices of the older trucks were much more in check. Shoot I bought my 98.5 With 67k miles on the clock for 10k. Now 10k won't get you a truck with less than 250k and chances are the body is falling off of it.

Its the same in my area also, used Cummins on car lots don't hang around long at all unless they are priced at near new.

I just got back from Vernal, UT, an old oil field town. Vernal, and Wyoming have the most Cummins trucks of all generations per capita than anywhere I know of. Lots of 40-80k trucks parked in front of a haggard old 5th wheel camper in the middle of a field where the owner stays during his rotations. One welding rig stood out too, a 3rd gen that I estimate weighed ~13,000 lb. Accelerated from 65 to 80 to pass me in about two car lengths. North Dakota has a love for them, but like many things up there, it's hard to gauge how many are out in the wild. Those old farmers seem to keep their good stuff at home on the farm. Back when I was single, that was our theory on where the Nordic farmers daughters were kept... Safe at the farm with the like new pickups!:ashamed:
  • Like 1