• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fallen brothers

hex0rz

My fallen brothers, I give you my respects...Hot shot crew killed in AZ fire.. 19 people. I have not read anything about it, but I bet it was a crownout. Question is whether or not they used their shake-n-bake bags, or how effective it was if at all.My father in law was a smoke jumper and suffered through a crownout. Shake n bake bags were not as advanced as they are now. Used it to hold air as him and his crew jumped into a pond. By the time it was done, the pond was gone...These people truly served our country! :USflag:

Just reading about it. All 19 deployed their shelters. 20th crew member was assigned elsewhere. This is horrible. There are many ways to Protect & Serve our people & our country to boldly go in harms way. Another debt that can never be repaid. My heart goes out to the families of these heroes. There just are not words for this.

With me living in northern Arizona, these fire fighters loosing the battle was a close hit to home. i have close friends that knew most of the boys and the one girl.

please if you can give a little. several of them are/were expecting babies in the coming months.

http://standwitharizona.com/blog/2013/06/30/who-they-were-the-granite-mountain-hotshots-19-brave-souls-who-perished-in-arizona-fire/

read there.

- - - Updated - - -

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/40561725" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22728838/arizona-wildfire-kills-19-members-of-elite-crew

• Owner

Truly sad to see other fire fighters lose there lives to fire. Also have to keep in the bad of your head how dangerous this job is. Like during our Red Card training this year we had a awesome class that was based solely on local and historic events. During this one video it showed how 2 fire fighter lost there life to a fire because of poor planning. So also remember you have the right to say "I won't do it, just to dangerous of a task." This applies to rural fire fighters right up to hotshots and specialized crews. I think the Good Lord has given me a good sense of when to flee. So far every time I get that feeling and bolt right it seem like the fire has over taken our spot. Like on Heavens Gate fire we were just a water tender for the fire. Small maybe 20-25 acre lightning fire. Weather started to warm, light breeze, etc. Started getting the feeling this isn't good. Well we had a empty tank and started down to get a load of water. By the time we returned with 1,000 gallons more people were getting panicky. It blew up. :wow: We managed to get turned around again and head down within about 10-15 minutes it over took the very spot we were last parked in. This very same thing happen with the Sheep fire last year. I got the very same feeling to bail out and sure enough the fire burned right on through the area where the tender was parked.

Thankyou. Just what I needed to know. They got a break from PayPal & all donations are bring passed through with out administrative costs being deducted. I feel much better to know my donation went directly there. I have posted a link on FB & my web site as well.