• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Trans won't shift 1-2 unless I take my foot completely off the pedal

This started about a week ago. It'll hold first all the way to redline and won't shift unless I lift my foot off the gas, and until I get to about 30mph I have to be VERY gentle with the accelerator or it'll downshift. Once I'm into 2nd and past the kickdown threshold, it shifts normally 2-3 and 3-4. It also downshifts fine. I replaced the governor solenoid and sensor about 3 years ago with Mopar parts; I want to say it was the AE or AF revision? I'm thinking it's the problem. Temps are fine, and while the bands *do* need adjusted, the trans was gone through about 100k ago and it's always worked fine. So, 1.) Do you think it's a governor issue and2.) Is the GM/Delphi governor that Suncoast sells any better?edit since I thought for sure I had a signature: Truck is an '00 3500 2wd auto (duh).

I w9ould think that if you had a governor issue then it would be apparent in all gears instead of just first. I don't know if it is a sticky solenoid or not, but the GM solenoid is supposed to be a good upgrade.

sounds like the kick down cable is too tight, it will cause late shifts and wanting to downshift, my shifter is a little out of adjustment so I usually go from park to Low1 and shift into drive and the tranny will shift normal, what im trying to say is it can hang up between gears and cause problems. you need to see if the spring is still attached to the kick down lever on tranny too

• 2 weeks later...