• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Possible Dead ECM?

Alright... so here's what's going on. I went camping a couple weeks ago and left on a Thursday. The ride up was trouble free. The next morning I needed to move the trailer to another spot, I proceeded to start the truck and it had a hissy fit and a lot of trouble running. It would rev to 2k and then drop down to 700-800 then back up and down for a about 45 seconds to a minute. After that it smoothed out and drove fine for the rest of the weekend. It threw three codes one being P0237, and the "Wait to Start Light Relay" code the other I forgot. It began throwing the P0237 code over and over then went into limp mode. I parked it and checked the voltage going to the Map Sensor which was fine so I just changed to sensor, that seemed to fix that problem. I started it and it ran for about 2-3 seconds and then shut off. I tried restarting the truck but no luck. The wait to start light relay isn't engaging and from what I understand the truck won't start unless it does. I cracked the injector lines 1,3,and 4, cranked and no fuel came out. Is that a dead ECM?Let me know what you think I should test or try before I buy a part that I don't need. Thanks a whole bunch guys (and Gals) for the help.Travis1998.5 24V - CAI - 4" TBE - Custom 3.5" Intake Horn - Edge Comp Module W/Hot Unlock - Built Tranny -

• Owner

If the Wait to Start is not lighting up then the ECM isn't booted up. There is not going to be any engine function at all unless you see that light. Double check all fuses and battery connections too. I hate to say for its a ECM and find out a bad connection or a blown fuse is causing all this grief. Also have you alternator tested for AC noise output it should be less than 0.1 Volts AC.

Michael,I checked all fuses and they seem to be good, connections are also good to the battery. What other connections should I check if any? The Wait to start light comes on with all the other symbols when you first turn the key on but then disappears. I can hear the Relays clicking...not sure if one of those could possibly be the issue. Thanks for the help =)TravisP.S. Give me a call if you can talk me through it easier than over a computer.(209) 684 - 6061

When mine went I had the revving you experienced. You could stand by the truck looking to see who was in the cab playing with the throttle. Mine never smoothed out though and was undriveable. My WTS functioned normally but nothing else did. I also had a long list of codes, mostly sensor high and low voltage warnings. The WTS malfunction is definitely ECM in nature, but I agree with Mike on checking more before throwing an $1800 part at a problem before you are pretty well sure thats whats wrong.

Yeah I agree I'm not going to spend that kind of money anyway...if push comes to shove I'll go to pick n pull or something and find one. As soon as it's running i'm gonna sell it and get a 12V. I'm tired of electronics:banghead: