• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

turn lights off

This may be the exception to "there's no such thing as a stupid question" rule, but here it goes. How do you disable the low power daytime headlight feature that come on when you release the ebrake. I have done no investigation to this point, but see that most everyone knows the secret but me.

well I finally poked my nose in the owners manual and it turns out only Canadian trucks do the low powered thing as lightning said. What they don't say is how to disable it. Now it isn't the end of the world either way, I'd just like to be able to turn em on and off when I want. Not when the Canadian government tells me too. I think I'll dig in the Chiltons and see what I can find out there. Let me know if you hear anything.

Those are the only dodge trucks I have ever heard of having the DRL. My corolla has them too and would love to pull the plug on them. Only way I have found is to pull the e-brake up and mine is loose anyway so I have it pulled up one click. I deliver mail out of my car so running the headlights 5+ hrs daily takes its toll.

Thanks. I'll check on the relay. I dug around in the chiltons but the elect. schematics detailed wiring only. No specifics on controls such as relays. All the wiring for lights and switches originates at the "Front control module" which seems to be located in the IPM (integrated power module). The drl are fed by something that controls the pulse width of the electrical signal causing them to burn at a lower intensity ( as the book states). The same principle as a Frequency drive for for an ac motor, I suppose. So like you say, mindless, there must be a relay to change the path of electricity through the special modulated circuit for the drl's. Hopefully the relay is removeable and not integrated into a pc board. I'm gonna dig deeper. Thanks for the input.