• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Replacing RAWL

Hi Guys,My speedometer stopped working the other day under about 35 mph. I assume this is my RAWL. When looking online there are two different ones available. One comes with the sensor and short wiring connection, the other is sensor only. Is there any reason i need to pay more and get the one that comes with the short wiring connection?

Hi Guys, My speedometer stopped working the other day under about 35 mph. I assume this is my RAWL. When looking online there are two different ones available. One comes with the sensor and short wiring connection, the other is sensor only. Is there any reason i need to pay more and get the one that comes with the short wiring connection?

i have seen on other vehicles where branches have ripped the wiring out and destroyed it(most recently on a 2012 kenworth). that would be the only reason i would buy the one with the pigtail

Got the part this weekend and got it installed! I ended up getting the part with no pigtails and it works great! RockAuto has them really cheap only 11.xx plus shipping and handling. Speedo now works, but the abs and brake light problem isnt fixed. Now they go on and off intermittently. Usually they turn on when i start the truck, then they turn off when i first get moving then when i start going a little faster around 20 or so they come back on. Anyone else experienced this before? I had a similar experience when i replaced the clock spring. My air bag light always used to be on and then one i replaced the clock spring it was on and off intermittently. Then after a week or so it just stayed off permanently. Does it just take time for the computer to figure out that is has functioning components plugged back in? Of do i have something else going on?

i did have a friend working the torch when we were taking the hub off a couple weeks ago and he managed to scorch the abs sensor there :doh: but it looked like only cosmetic damage so i didn't thing anything of it at the time.