• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My fuel pump started losing pressure 10 idle 6 wot. I installed raptor 100 it had 16psi when installed i started test drive it fell to 6psi on both guages. I stopped checked pump got back in started it up went to 15psi. Started off the truck started surging after about 5 miles it dead petaled when i got home it had a po216 code any ideas Followup talked to ad rep. he said the screen on inlet probably had trash. I took air pressure blew out pump with both lines unhooked took it for a test drive it ran perfect. It has codes 0500-1693-0216 is there any way to clear these codes? Also what is 0500 it comes and goes. THANKS ED

that is usually called the "death code" for the VP44 injection pump, but is also known to be caused by low fuel pressure from the lift pump(ie low inlet pressure). raptor is similar to the airdog. the only time i personally have had a problem, is when the electrical connections were really corroded from the battery terminals and wasn't getting a good connection. i have heard of a guy that plugged up the filters/pick-up straw after putting on an airdog cause it sucked up some debris from the tank. or you could have a leak... i'm just a shade tree but that's my :2cents:

• Like 1

• Owner

I would call Pureflow on a warranty issue on the fuel regulator. A good AirDog or Raptor only drops about 2-3 PSI from idle to WOT. If you have any stock fuel lines left you must get get of them to and change Big Line Kit. You pressures are getting way too low. 6-10 is damaging pressure and most likely caused the P0216.Good Fuel pressure is 14-20 PSI.

• Like 1

I talked to ad rep he said the screen on inlet side might have trash. I took air hose disconnected both lines and blew through pump. Drove it down road fine for about 2 miles then it started surging and making loud noise like starving for fuel. Fuel pressure holds steady at 15 psi. Checked have codes 1693-0500-0216 what is 0500?:neutral::think:

• Owner

I talked to ad rep he said the screen on inlet side might have trash. I took air hose disconnected both lines and blew through pump. Drove it down road fine for about 2 miles then it started surging and making loud noise like starving for fuel. Fuel pressure holds steady at 15 psi. Checked have codes 1693-0500-0216 what is 0500?:neutral::think:

Mopar's Notes: P0500 Error Code - Explained

Since 4 wheel anti lock brakes rely on 2 front axle sensors and 1 rear wheel sensor. The CAB (Controller Anti lock Brakes) is watching the speed output from all 3 sensors at one time. So when on a slick surface like ice, gravel, wet pavement, etc. when you accelerate rapidly and cause the rear tires to spin the rear speed sensor jumps up in speed rapidly and the front 2 sensor could be at zero speed yet. So the CAB (Controller Anti lock Brakes) can't understand how the rear half of the truck is doing say 35 MPH and the front half is doing 0 MPH. POOF! P0500 code is thrown.

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/23-brake-system/29-antilock-braking-system-abs

• Like 1