• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Where to jack up rear of truck?

Yes, disc brakes all around. The parking brake works a little, just that the pedal bottoms out before I can get enough holding power. I'll check it out. I got a new Harbor Freight electric impact wrench and deep well sockets. I'll pull off the drum and see how they look. Thanks.

If yours are anything like mine were the first time i took the wheels off i had to break out the 3/4 air impact to get them off. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

After 2-3 attempts at jacking with bottle jacks, I went down and got a 3.5 ton floor jack. I've got good jack stands too. Today I'm going to do rear pads, parking brake shoes and discs in the rear. Have metal on metal. Original rotors anyway. Big ridge on the outside edge where the pads do not contact. One problem with 4 wheel drive and automatic...will have to keep her in park and no rotation to adjust parking brake.

One problem with 4 wheel drive and automatic...will have to keep her in park and no rotation to adjust parking brake.

Not sure what you means there but a small set of chock blocks are really cheap from any auto parts or general farm or hardware store carry them, get the rubber ones though don't waste your time on the plastic ones. They come in many shapes and sizes.I can't work without a set, One would laugh at ther creative ways I use my hoist to lift certain vehicles, Just had my landscapers 08 one ton quad cab dually with flatbed in my shop, the hoist isn't big enough to lift the whole truck so I just jacked up the front half and chock blocked the rear wheels so it wouldn't move once I had the front end about 3 feet off the ground and on the hoist locks.Heck I use my cut and split fire wood as chocks all the time for all my trailers whenever I unhook one it always has firewood chocks under a couple tires, the V shape fits perfect under tires. Edited by Wild and Free

Went well. Left rear rotor was only 1/8" thick on the inside pad contact surface. But I was prepared with new rotors anyway. I had new emergency brake shoes, but upon inspection all that was needed was adjustment. Everything went without a hitch. Thanks for your input! I jacked on the shock perches and sway bar mounts. My new floor (gravel) jack has a nice rubber pad on the jack contact surface. I did one side at a time and adjusted the emergency brake so that the rotor would slip on without too much difficulty over the emergency brake shoes. Pedal sets mid position. Might need to tighten it a bit from the backing plate plugs, but for the way I did it it's really close.

Edited by joecool911
  • Like 1