• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fueling Issues

OK, guys. This might be long, but I want to fully explain my problem: I just replaced my VP44 and added a FASS Titanium 95 GPH lift pump on the frame rail. There has never been a pump inside the fuel tank. Got the LP done first and the system bled - no problem. A couple of days later, I changed the VP44. I wanted to keep the stock fuel filter canister for the water in fuel sensor and the heater, so I put the fitting for the VP inlet on the inlet to the filter canister. I changed the filter in the canister, too. Right now I have the original banjo fittings and line from the filter canister to the VP in place. I also used the 1/8" port at the top of the canister to tap for a fuel gauge, with a needle valve. So far so good, right? The problem is that I can't get any fuel to the VP44 :banghead:. I have cycled the lift pump several times, but nothing. No fuel (or just bubbles) out of the needle valve. I took the line off of the canister inlet and placed it inside a 5 gallon diesel fuel can and it flows good. About 3 to 4 cycles and the can was about 1/2 full. I reattached the line to the canister inlet, opened the needle valve (without the gauge line attached), loosened the banjo to the inlet port of the VP and bumped the starter. Diesel fuel sprayed everywhere. I tightened everything back up, but now I'm back to no pressure. So, I checked the fuel line flow into the 5 gallon can again - good flow. I then ran the fuel line straight to the VP44. Little to no flow. I loosened the return banjo until fuel dripped out. I've got the injector lines loosened and seeing a few bubbles from 3 and 4. Any ideas? :shrug:

are you trying to crank the engine or just looking for a lot of fuel at the injectors purely from the lift pump? If your are not cranking try it and see what happens. I can get fuel to the vp thru the lift pump on mine but have heard many others say you cant do it. I dont get alot of fuel that way, just enough to make you think you have a bad leak.

are you trying to crank the engine or just looking for a lot of fuel at the injectors purely from the lift pump? If your are not cranking try it and see what happens. I can get fuel to the vp thru the lift pump on mine but have heard many others say you cant do it. I dont get alot of fuel that way, just enough to make you think you have a bad leak.

Thanks, Dave. Been on the phone with FASS tech. I been trying to start the engine to the point that my batteries are getting low. Re-bled the LP and squirted WD-40 into the water separator hole. Just got the engine to act like it may kick over. Keep your fingers crossed! Wifey gets home soon so I'll have a battery to jump with.