• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Don't forget those gauges!

Hey Folks, Just finished installing new set of isspro a pillar gauges last night. I hopped in the truck and started heading down the road. It was night time, my gauges lit up nice adjusted by the dimmer, window was down, couldn't get any better. Until i realized my fuel pressure gauge was only reading 8# at slow cruise and 2# wot. No problem. I suspected that I fouled up the fuel isolater install somehow. So when I got back to the shop I hooked up my handheld gauge and viola! 8# at idle. So this morning I drove to CDA Id. and picked up a new lift pump at alligator diesel. I just finished the install and am getting between 15 and 17 at idle. I am hoping that I caught my lack of fuel pressure problem prior to doing any damage to the vp44. I would not want to have to buy ANOTHER one. So the moral of the story, especially to those of us with vp44 trucks, Get some damn gauges!

• Like 1

Hey Folks, Just finished installing new set of isspro a pillar gauges last night. I hopped in the truck and started heading down the road. It was night time, my gauges lit up nice adjusted by the dimmer, window was down, couldn't get any better. Until i realized my fuel pressure gauge was only reading 8# at slow cruise and 2# wot. No problem. I suspected that I fouled up the fuel isolater install somehow. So when I got back to the shop I hooked up my handheld gauge and viola! 8# at idle. So this morning I drove to CDA Id. and picked up a new lift pump at alligator diesel. I just finished the install and am getting between 15 and 17 at idle. I am hoping that I caught my lack of fuel pressure problem prior to doing any damage to the vp44. I would not want to have to buy ANOTHER one. So the moral of the story, especially to those of us with vp44 trucks, Get some damn gauges!

Nice to see someone on here that is semi-local to me. I gre up in Spokane, then moved to Sandpoint. I'm out of town now, working in Yakima. Maybe our paths will cross someday!