• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Upgrades

Well stuff is starting to look up since I got back from vacation. Had a tree limb fall on hood of truck while we were gone and it did $904 worth of damage to truck. Started looking around for a new hood and found a hood, grill, and bed for $200. those three parts will fix most of the body damage to my truck. Also got my new fuel tank/toolbox combo ordered, new tires will be put on truck on Wednesday and depending on money will order a set of RV275's to put in. Hopefully the good luck will continue for a while. Anyone had there whole truck painted? If so what did it cost?

• Like 1

• Staff

Sorry to hear about the tree limb on the hood ,more money out of your pocket, but a good deal on the used body parts. Here in CA a good 2 stage paint job goes for $1500 to $2000. You can go to a production shop ,like Macco, and get one for $400-$600 but in a year it will look like S%. Also out here they use a water base paint that meets the CARB (California Air Resource Board) specs. If I want a good job I have to go to Arizona or Tia Junana, Mexico. See if you can find a good painter that will do it on the side. Some times the guy will buy the paint and rent a spray booth. Call around and / or ask friends and coworkers what their experiences have been. Remember, just because the guy has a spray paint gun doesn't make him a painter . Good Luck.

Driply... you want the best looking most useful truck around? Put on an aluminum ProTech flatbed with the full length side saddle tool boxes.:drool::drool::drool: Man ! that makes a nice truck :thumbup2:

I am ready to do it as long as we can stay in that $200 price range.:whistle: