• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

just the other day I looked at my ground on pass. side near battery with the gray connections ( 2 of them ) I know a ground should be solid with no splices, so I slid it apart and there was no resistance, I took the plastic gray connecters apart ez to do and reconnected and it slid on and off very easly, I got the solder iron and soldered the connections, at Boeing we had to do ground stud resistance check with ohm meter I don't remember the specs but anyhow I wished I had ohmed the ground before and after, the factory made them this way to make assembly easier and quicker, with time im sure vibration heat and cold cause the connections to lose their bite and now we have the symtoms, I also took all the grounds on the metal and cleaned to bare metal and installed a washer then ground then bolt for a better contact, also silicone should be applied to protect the ground bolt or screw,that's how we did grounds at Boeing. it seemed to make things better on the truck. I don't know if this will pertain to your problem but thought id share since our trucks are built the same

• Like 1

Follow up took bottom of steering column off and shook wiring harness. Blower motor came on and abs-airbag lights went out everything fine. Turned key off waited a few minutes turned key on nothing working again shook wires this time nothing would come back on. Would this be ignition switch ?:cookoo:

Do you use the tilt part of your steering wheel a lot? If so you probably have some broken wires right where they bend every time the wheel is tilted. Other wise you need to go through the connections in the column.

Do you use the tilt part of your steering wheel a lot? If so you probably have some broken wires right where they bend every time the wheel is tilted. Other wise you need to go through the connections in the column.

You are right on MnTom when i tilt wheel down and jiggle switch everything works fine. If i tilt wheel up nothing will work. When i pull ignition switch will wiring harness come out with it ? Thanks a lot ed.

When i pull ignition switch will wiring harness come out with it ? Thanks a lot ed.

Ed, that I don't know, but you would need to look at the harness to see how it is anchored. I have not had any problem with mine, but I rarely move the wheel. Hopefully someone with some experience will chime in and tell you what you need to know. Tom
  • Like 1