• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel pressure gauges?

I am to a point after many years with a BD low pressure indicator that I am in need of a true gauge on my 02. My question is this. I want a gauge that is electric and doesn't use isolators and needs bleeding ect. I want the best quality with least hassles. I read continuous threads on a lot of forums of the gauges with isolators causing more issues than the rest of the rig. Which gauge mfg is the cats meow? I don't care about the bling the face has just after reliable accuracy without hassles. On my 05 I am after an electronic gauge cluster like edge BD quad ect, looking for input on the best choice in that area also. I want to keep the 05 simple and uncluttered versus running several gauges.

I run a Stewart-Warner 100psi electric gauge with a remote sender that is mounted to the firewall under the hood.The pressure is taken right off of the port on the FASS and ran up to the remote sender and then its electric inside the cab.It is dead on and has never done anything wrong or quit working.I need the big psi as the FASS for my 12v runs at 50psi. Now there are many brands and many electric with remote senders to choose from.I'd say stick with a brand name and a style you like and you should be OK.I have a photo here somewhere of the remote mount we used to install the sender in and will post it when I find it for you.........Andy

• Owner

I would like to stay with a 0-30 range gauge to get the accuracy a bit closer. I like the one Mike has but searched for a couple hours with no luck. I would like to know where he got it and if it electric or manual.

Got it here... http://www.danininc.com/optix/gauge/307413.htm The colored band was photoshop'ed oon that pic...:lmao2:

Yeah I have read and heard plenty about all of the quality issues with the quad products. I like the westach gauges, i have a tranny temp gauge by them and the accuracy is great. I am not a bling buyer, I am after the best bang for the buck and seeing as how westach is the supplier for most aircraft gauges plus they are about the best value I can find I am thinking about the westach pressure gauge with single column mount for it. As far as the digital gauge cluster for the 05 I haven't narrowed it down yet but most seem to like the edge the best. Its the only one that never seems to get any negative feedback.

• Owner

Edge displays tend to have problems with just quitting and taking out the rest of the module... Even like the SG II here on the forum is getting negative feedback now with display issues... Myself I would rather stick to the analog gauges because you can see rapid changes where a digital display doesn't show because of update lag.