• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Small Chain of events and ABS pulsing

I was driving through town this morning, had my window down and could hear a noise like something scrapping. Just as I was about to stop I had good brake pedal but all of a sudden my pedal started to pulse for the ABS and drug the back wheel...pedal still felt good. ABS and brake light came on and stayed on until I stop and shut the truck off to go in somewhere, came back out and drove off, lights are now out ans brakes feel fine. Come to my next set of stop lights and pedal did the same, ABS and brake lights back on. After I got home, pulled the front wheels and coincidence has it that both sides in front has the dust pans rotted off and laying there scrapping as the wheel goes round. I removed both of them and while at it I took all the brakes apart, lubed the sliders and made sure the calipers worked ok. Also looked closely at the ABS lines going into the wheel hub assembly and saw no chaffing or cuts in the wires anywhere.I pulled a P0500 from the odometer which is the no vehicle speed sensor signal but before I go to far into it I wanted to ask if this code could cause this affect? Speedometer working flawlessly...everythign else appers to be working fine. As for now I just hauled the ABS fuse out and brakes are working fine.:think:

Thanks Dripley. Last time I changed out a hub assmebley I looked at the wires...I didn't think I could change them on my hubs. I unbolted the screw on it but the wire seemed to be lodged in the hub that it couldn't or wasn't suppose to be able to be replaced without doing the hub Then again, I didn't go pulling at it to hard so maybe it does:think: