• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

HPCR Injectors Under the Scope

Smarty Support

Brian, we can only hope that BBi will offer injectors for the VP trucks. That is being brought up again as a request. :thumbup2: Bill, Here is a link to the warranty. One thing I will add is on a common rail injector install one must be very clean. That can't be stressed enough. Here is that link. :cheers:http://smartyresource.net/forum/showthread.php?318-BBi-Warranty&p=1499#post1499

I'm a VP guy. But this is exciting for me to see these injectors come out for the CR trucks. It may some day actually help convince me to get one. Now that there is an injector out there that is worth while, I'm gonna bet the catastrophic engine damage from bad engines will be a thing of the past!

Bill, Here is a link to the warranty. One thing I will add is on a common rail injector install one must be very clean. That can't be stressed enough. Here is that link. :cheers:http://smartyresource.net/forum/showthread.php?318-BBi-Warranty&p=1499#post1499

When a person buys these injectors what filters do you recommend? Which filter is the best of the best in the factory canister to get the best "Big Bang Filtration":wink:?

By the way you side stepped my question about how many trouble free miles have been seen from a set of these injectors so far in a normal use scenario! Or have these not seen long term real world testing yet?

As Dorkweed tends to say a lot lately, not trying to be an A$$ ..............I am Just saying.:tongue:

Just for a non related reference I put 120K miles on a set of BD 155 hp injectors in my 02 24v VP rig before they started running a bit erratic running a factory Fleetgaurd filter in the factory canister only.

I'm a VP guy. But this is exciting for me to see these injectors come out for the CR trucks. It may some day actually help convince me to get one. Now that there is an injector out there that is worth while, I'm gonna bet the catastrophic engine damage from bad engines will be a thing of the past!

There have been way too many of these catastrophic engine failures out their which were caused by injectors that were faulty right out of the box. Seeing some of these examples posted is an eye opener. There are several VP guys hesitant to change over to the HPCR due to that reason alone. Fear about Injectors!

- - - Updated - - -

When a person buys these injectors what filters do you recommend? Which filter is the best of the best in the factory canister to get the best "Big Bang Filtration":wink:?

By the way you side stepped my question about how many trouble free miles have been seen from a set of these injectors so far in a normal use scenario! Or have these not seen long term real world testing yet?

As Dorkweed tends to say a lot lately, not trying to be an A$$ ..............I am Just saying.:tongue:

Just for a non related reference I put 120K miles on a set of BD 155 hp injectors in my 02 24v VP rig before they started running a bit erratic running a factory Fleetgaurd filter in the factory canister only.

Bill, I know these BBi Injectors have been in the states publicly since early 2011. East coast Gentlemen. As to miles on those I do not know. They have been tested in Europe before that and continuously. That is something I am researching. I know the nozzles will not deform with 150k of use. I know these other brands (pictured) are deformed right out of the box. The pictures show a design and manufacturing flaw. I use and recommend a good Lift Pump, Fass/Airdog/Raptor with 10 & 2 Micron filtration and the 7 micron in the stock canister. I use Fleetguard for that, and Donaldson for my 10 micron & and 2 micron. Before the lift pump I use a 36 mic strainer. John J on here has a lot of good filter info. Anyone who hasn't already read his filter write-ups should. Proper filtration is necessary on any common rail and important on our VP trucks.
  • Like 1

Elsewhere, some had questions about the analysis info and also about the report on David's old injectors. Here is some info that I will share with you Gentlemen that you may find of interest. Gentlemen, I do not know the amount of miles that the highest mileage BBi’s in the field have run at this time but they have been run in the US since 2011 and Europe before that. But I do know that our nozzles ran about a Billion injection cycles on the test bench which would mean about 600K Miles if they were run on the road in a Dodge Ram. As to mentioning the 150 K miles, there will not be any problems after 150,000 runtime in a truck. If one is wondering if BBi Injectors would change their spray pattern over the miles, No! Coking of an injector nozzle is always possible and does depend on what temps the engine is running and which fuel is used. a short haul truck more so than a long distance runner, but it will not change the spray pattern, only nozzle flow a bit. Cavitation erosion is normally only a problem of endurance tests on an injector test bench caused by too low of back pressures outside the nozzle, but sometimes it is seen also on trucks after a very high running time. 500,000 miles or more but will for certain look completely different than what you see on the examples, Brand X and Brand Y. As to the miles and age of David’s injectors. They were fairly new and low mileage pieces. (2 micron filtration) If you want to go back and re-read old history here is some reading material for you. Enjoy! http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101627&highlight=swole&page=32 The X and Y Injectors in the “Analysis” Report were low mileage injectors. Less than 1,000 miles on all. So, is it possible that one could correctly believe that the running time on these brand x and brand y injectors is contributing to their incorrect spray patterns, if indeed they did have many many more miles on them than they do? The answer is NO. The only 2 possible failures to the nozzle spray holes/spray pattern are, 1.Cavitation erosion . 2. Coking of the nozzle, which was removed during inspection by ultrasonic cleaning, and coking will only reduce the nozzle flow and not really the spray geometry. Particles would destroy the valve seat of the injector and the nozzle needle seat much earlier than one would be able to see the smallest deformation of the nozzle holes. As stated, these are low mileage injectors and the spray pattern issues are not time or mileage related, but by issues that came about at the time of manufacturing.