• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Stereo Upgrades

I am working with my local stereo shop to map out installing a complete stereo system. Back in the day I was really big into car stereo systems. At one point right after high school my Toyota Celica (Early 1990's) had 8 12in sub, a pair of Orion HCCA amps, Zapco 18 band eq, etc....Needless to say it would rock and produce some db's..I think it measured 143db.Anyway, we already installed a pair of new 6x9's in the front doors...What a difference a quality speaker makes. I used the PR series from Memphis Car Audio. This coming week we will complete the speaker upgrade with some 6in in the quad doors. Future plans a downward fire box under the rear seat that hold 2 10in subs. A Memphis Car Audio 4-channel amp will power the whole system. It should rock pretty good. I just like a good hitting sound while driving...No rap music here either---sorry...Only classic rock, classic country, etc...Favorites are George Jones, Johnny Cash, Gary Steward, Lynard Skynard, Rush, etc.....Lets see hear about your stereo systems...Thanksjs

• Owner

I'm currently using a Kenwood MP3 player in my truck. Purchased the adapter kit for the wiring and plugged it right in. (Little soldier and wire work but easy). Still running stock speakers but I'm not into big boom. But I've got a wide range of music to listen to. I've currently got over 20 GB worth of music on my hard drive ranging from 50's to current pop music to country to even heavy metal and other types... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/personal/2002/kenwood/kenwood.htm

• Owner

I took the stock tape player out and found a stock tape/cd player from someone and put that in. I like the simplicity of them, I don't like aftermarket ones with 5 buttons doing 50 functions.

Might be true but remember the stock stereo also ties into the CCD Network too...:wow:

I love the simplicity of a aftermarket radio because it doesn't require any of the Dodge stuff just power and a speaker or two... Something you didn't know did you?

Posted Image

Hey,Mine has an Ecplise Head unit which has power fold-down and tilt, MTX speakers in the doors with tweeters in the pilars, a set of MTX 10" subs under the rear seat in a MTX box that fits under the seat perfectly!!! And to power the subs a MTX amp, which I though said it was a 350 watt amp!! I would have to check to be sure!! Which also makes me start to think about how the power is getting to the amp!!!!!!! Going to have to check on that!The previous owner installed everything as I wouldn't have went with MTX, but in a essence it doesn't sound too bad at all!! Someday I'm going to put some of those really high-dollar speakers and such to make it really clear!! Being a musician you get kind of picky!!!!! HAHA!!Later,Winslow