• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Multiple codes

Well, went to go to work and this morning and NO GAUGES!:cry: That was short lived, guess the PCM is shot, why would it work yesterday, after the flash, and then overnight just go dead? Ordered a PCM from Auto Computer Exchange today, it should be here tuesday, hopefully that brings this to a close. It was weird cause the gauges came back on today for about a mile then when I started the truck again....DEAD gauges. Oh well, at least I will know what I have till I'm done with this thing!

UPDATE I put the new PCM in last night from Auto Computer Exchange, still having gauge problems!:banghead: They come on and off and sometimes just the speedo and tach go out then the air bag light comes on. I was told these new PCM's are programmed/plug in play. I don't know what to go after now,let me know what you guys think, I am about at the end of my rope.

Are you sure it was a new one, I am thinking reman. I would call ACE, you might have a bad one. I went this route with my ECM, after 2 tries and about 8 weeks I got one that worked except for cruise. It crapped out about a year later and now it is a paper weight. I dont know that is the issue, but I would be suspect.

Are you sure it was a new one, I am thinking reman. I would call ACE, you might have a bad one. I went this route with my ECM, after 2 tries and about 8 weeks I got one that worked except for cruise. It crapped out about a year later and now it is a paper weight. I dont know that is the issue, but I would be suspect.

I dont know if it is reman or not, but it is supposed to be programmed by your vin # and not have to be flashed by the dealer. I suspect another $80 trip to the dealer will be in my near future. I will call them and find out if I need to send it back to them before I go to the dealer.

I dont know if it is reman or not, but it is supposed to be programmed by your vin # and not have to be flashed by the dealer. I suspect another $80 trip to the dealer will be in my near future. I will call them and find out if I need to send it back to them before I go to the dealer.

I would definitely talk to them, mine was not a flash problem it just did not work. My oe went out with no 606 code. but the first one I received did not work and spit out a 606 code, freshly rebuilt and flashed. The case however looked like someone had pried it apart with a screw driver.

I would definitely talk to them, mine was not a flash problem it just did not work. My oe went out with no 606 code. but the first one I received did not work and spit out a 606 code, freshly rebuilt and flashed. The case however looked like someone had pried it apart with a screw driver.

They said I can take it to the dealer and flash it, no warranty issue. I am going to check my alternator again just to be certain before I have it flashed. I noticed some T/C issues this morning so I gotta try the alternator test.

I have not made it to the dealer yet, the stupid gauges worked again yesterday, then this morning....no gauges! I don't know what to think anymore,if the PCM was progammed wrong the gauges should not work at all, right? I even replaced all my battery ground cables yesterday,and I did find that the alternator wires( 2 wire plug) had nicks in them so I taped them up as well. I could not get a good readings for the alternator test on my meter, hopefully the meter I have at work will do the trick on that. I will keep looking for this Gremlin, or does anybody wanna buy a 99 dually with no gauge cluster? Just Kidding....I will find the problem....I will find the problem....LOL