• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

6.7 run away

mrtowman4u

I would pull the intake pipe off and look in the intake itself before getting too carried away with pulling injectors ect. If the intake is full of oil it could still be causing the issue. After all this is what would have been filled with oil as it leaked past the piston rings and through whatever intake valve was open depending on how long it was upside down.

• 3 weeks later...

:duh: Ahhh... So common of the Common Rails to eat injectors...

Not a common rail issue, it is a poor quality /dirty fuel related issue that requires more vigilance in filtering and Knowing what you put in the tank and from where. Better quality parts at the end of the equation require better liquid and handling standards at the beginning of the equation. I would pull the head and inspect if it were mine as the parts could have damaged a valve or seat and or the piston and cylinder wall.

• Owner

Not a common rail issue, it is a poor quality /dirty fuel related issue that requires more vigilance in filtering and Knowing what you put in the tank and from where. Better quality parts at the end of the equation require better liquid and handling standards at the beginning of the equation. I would pull the head and inspect if it were mine as the parts could have damaged a valve or seat and or the piston and cylinder wall.

I could see the poor quality parts as being a answer but fuel... Hmmm... Doesn't the Edge filter in the connector tubes help in keeping debris out? I know ultimately yes good filter are the best answer but this rather a common thing I hear of injectors failing (cracking, blowing chunks out, etc.) Some of these failures from rail pressure booster modules that drive rail pressure up too.

Upon further research I have found that the owner of the truck after the rollover. Cranked the truck without cleaning oil from the intercooler or intake. He cranked the truck and let it run. Then after it ran away he then started to crank the truck using ether. Every time it would start it would continue to run away. I feel that the continued use of ether and the truck running away caused the injectors to burn out. I have checked the head and found no damage thus far.