• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Radio and Programmer stopped working at same time

Buddy has an 2000 2500 4X4, Edge Juice with Attitude, FASS lift pump, new VP some time agoRadio and Programmer do not turn on when turning on the truck. Happened after filling up at the station.:think:Has checked fuses under hood and door panel and wires look good. All other electrical seem to work right now(windows, locks, cig lighter, ect) and truck runsAny ideas?

Ok, Im the owner of the truck mentioned by the OP. I pulled the I.O.D. fuse. It was burnt. Swapped with another, radio turned back on, Then the cts module for the edge started smoking in the cab. After pulling the connections, one hole was melted a it. I cleaned it out, now no more smoke but still not turning on. Guessing i blew the cts module now?

Roger that. Preciate the help fellas.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Called Edge this morning, after telling them the story on how it happened, they are taking the CTS module and the odb port wire back.

They are going to fix whatever problem it is and send it back. They acted as though they had never had that particular problem. They also added

that this will be the only time they do this for no charge to me. If it happens again they are sure that it has to be a problem in the truck wiring. So

the question now is, where should i start on tracing out a potential problem before the programmer returns? No other electronics have ever been

messed with on the truck, except for cutting out the door dinger.

I would venture a guess that your edge cts shorted out, took the fuse/radio out then when you changed the fuse the short "smoked" the cts. Edge should warranty the replacement just like a new one unless there warranty specifically states one time replacements. Just my 2 cents.

I am surprised they offered to fix it for free this time. My comp had internal issues at one point and I sent it in for repair. They even admitted to me that it had failed but they charged me the $200 service fee anyway. I was just happy to have it back so I didnt question it. I am very happy with edge products but I hope I never have to send one in again.