• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Best place to buy parts

Dammit!I just went to NAPA to get new U joints and Center bearing. U joints are nice quality federal mogul made in usa & zerks included but the center bearing was crap! NAPA brand but made in china. wtf?? :mad:Ok I know more and more stuff is made in china, maybe ok for some applications but I'm not installing cheap china parts in my driveline.Any reccomendations for aftermarket quality parts purchases besides the dealer?Thanks

I am not defending china in any way here... What makes you think it wont be a good bearing? Back when I was selling trailer parts, we sold all kinds of brands from Fed Mogul, Timken, SKF, (Chicago Rawhide), and the Chinese off brands too. I will be totally honest, we had way more warranty issues with the USA brands than the Chinese stuff. Not to mention we sold the Chinese parts at least 3 to 1 to the US parts. I understand if you want parts made here and I am not saying in anyway the Chinese parts are better, I am just saying that it wouldn't worry me too much if it were my truck.

Having worked on things my whole career and having worked at a drivetrain specialty shop and from personal and a professional stand point when it comes to drivetrain components, I don't care what it says about where it was made but anything this guy buys for myself and what I highly recommend for others, if it doesn't say Spicer/Dana on the box then don't waste your money unless you want to get good at changing the same part over and over again.