• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

dorkweed

In order to get "good" mileage out of these trucks, you have to "drive" for good mileage.

Put a raw egg under the throttle pedal, and try not to break it!!!! :cool:

1.  Keep boost under 8psi...........5psi is better

2.  Try to time stop and go lights so you never really stop

3.  Air up your tires 

4.  Keep your highway cruising speed below 2,000rpm............68mph on my truck

5.  Don't go to extra wide or tall tires...........increase rotating mass and rolling resistance

6.  Smarty Jr.

7.  Make sure you don't have a dragging brake or two

8.  No leveling or lift kits..............increase air drag

When changing your fuel filter,  just bump the starter without trying to start your truck.  The lift pump will run for about 20-30 seconds and prime the system.  Then start your truck.  

If you do have the OEM lift pump, it could be getting weak.  Check if you have the lift pump on the back of the fuel filter canister and then get back to this thread. 

• Owner

Add my 2 cents...

1. Boost under 5 PSI and EGT under 600*F. (At least 24V's)

2. Find a travel path that less stop and go even if its slightly longer. I'll go a couple blocks over knowing I have less stop signs or stop lights.

3. Correctly air up your tire using the formula. You get the best of both worlds good tire wear and good MPG's.

4. Something about that 2k mark when your just slightly below it you'll do better.

5. Absolutely! Don't add more rotational mass or rolling resistance. Like another gent told me for every 10 pound of tire is like adding 100 pounds to the frame.

6. Most modules and programmers do help being CR's are very retarded in timing.

7. Dragging brakes should be checked every tire rotation which should be done while doing your oil change.

8. Levelling, lifts, etc. Measuring out your frontal area is the area of drag the your vehicle will produce so the more it stands up in the wind the slower you have to go to cut wind drag.

• Like 1