• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

x50v

Give us a bit more info. When specifically does it shudder? If you let out of it when it shudders does it quit then come back when you get on it? What else does it do? Do you know what your torque converter is rated at for torque and what is your truck putting out?

It shudders only when towing up a slight grade; only when the torque converter is locked; only between rpms 1700 to about 2100. If I am not towing then it will only shudder if I lock the converter; put it in tow/haul mode; shift lever in second; load the drive train to the point where it won't unlock the converter in second gear and then it will shake the heck out of the truck. It seems to be a harmonic, my exhaust system is very tight in the hangers and I don't know if it is transmitting the vibrations? My truck is 100% stock except for the Jasper 3 disc converter and transmission (is it possible for the converter (which has enough mass) to lock, then be out of balance, or become off center and cause the vibration?

Those symptoms are classic torque converter slipping symptoms. You have more torque coming out of the engine than what the converter can hold. If you continue to allow it to slip you are going to shred the lining in it and the fibers will go throiugh the transmission and plug things up resulting in a failed transmission.

Spotted trans fluid coming out of the bell housing pan, 4 drips only, guess what ever is wrong with the trans will eventually fail it to the point I can tow it in and have Jasper fix it correctly, Santa Maris Diesel failed to notice the fluid leaking from the tranny, if the saw it they ignored it. I will see how it goes on my next RV trip. Have no problems unless I am towing my RV. I will post again when it finally fails.

Thanks everybody for sharing all the possibilities.