• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My Catch can/ vapor canister

The oil would start eating through heater hose I would think. Anything rubber would be prone to being eaten through eventually. Then you will have leaks in more places then you started with.

Is that really a possibility? I kinda doubt it but better quality silicone hose might be a better choice.

Using hose should be no issue when it comes to inner degrading of material. Hoses now days are made of gas and oil resistance material. That would take many many years to do and would be from age and temperature changes. I would think that the softness of the hose would sag in places collecting slight puddles of oil over time and possibly restriction of vapor flow, (if this might cause a problem). But that can be a non issue if layer out and supported right.

All of this is true. I am just a little biased to my mod set up I suppose. I would be worried about it kinking or something but as long as you set it up right you shouldn't have an issue. I guess the whole point is do whatever you have to to get the oil away from the front of the engine and radiator.