• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

my 2001 has been parked in a 45 degree shop for the last day and a half. i started it let in run for a couple min. i then drove it out side where its -11 let it run for a few more min. i then babied it down the road for a mile the next mile i gave it a little more throttle about the time it was going to switch into over drive it when from 2100 RPM and dropped down to around idle RPM then jumped up to about 1800 RPM... I then turned around went back home. I got back to shop put it in park and held it at 3000 then went to 3500 RPM ran fine. i then pulled on to road and put it to the floor ran great power was all there then drops to 1000 and back up to 1500 or so take my foot off and catches back up... i pulled it into shop flipped key 3 times and the fallowing codes come up 1693, 1682, 0500. I dont have a code reader at the moment so i cant read all the codesIt acts like it might be gelling up or starving for air....I have diesel treat in it and even the ten min it was out side it shouldnt have gelled up.. i also pulled the air cleaner and it was pretty dang clean.... I also put a new fuel filter in it less the 600 miles ago... any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

I can't tell you what it is but mine appeared to jell the other morning when about 18f outside. Not that cold and never happened before. That weekend while cutting firewood I had it parked going down a steep downhill and got the water in fuel light twice. Drained the separator when I got home and put some diesel treat in which I have not done in years and had no trouble since. If I got a bad load of fuel it would be the first time ever at the station I get it at but I guess anything is possible? Any white smoke? Mine ran rough and smoked like H when it was jelled.

1693 compaion code. 1698 is no signal from pcm or no signal from electronic transmission control module. 500 is vechicle speed signal not detected. Try checking connections and grounds.Possibile some water got in a connection and then froze. I have a manuel so thats about all I know about auto trans.

Im guessing you gelled up. Its been 10+ below this past week and a lot of guys around here are still running summer blend because the gas stations havnt switched over. My truck sat in my garage around 30 degrees and it started gelling up on my way to work. Needless to say my truck is sitting for a while until i can fix an oil leak and burn on the fuel

I'm kinda thinking and hoping it's gelled up -11 with hardly enough treatment for 0 probably wouldn't take long if there's any water in fuel

- - - Updated - - -

But after typing my last post I got to thinking with a little less hoping....if my truck was parked inside for around 36 hours at 45 degrees and part or the 36 hours it was 65 plus in the shop all fluids should have been around 45 plus degrees and even at -11 with moving fluids the odds of fuel gelling up in the ten min it was out side seems very unlikely to me so I believe I am back were I started so still clueless

I'm kinda thinking and hoping it's gelled up -11 with hardly enough treatment for 0 probably wouldn't take long if there's any water in fuel

- - - Updated - - -

But after typing my last post I got to thinking with a little less hoping....if my truck was parked inside for around 36 hours at 45 degrees and part or the 36 hours it was 65 plus in the shop all fluids should have been around 45 plus degrees and even at -11 with moving fluids the odds of fuel gelling up in the ten min it was out side seems very unlikely to me so I believe I am back were I started so still clueless

Dont think your gelled up. Need to deal with the codes first - especially if one is vehicle speed sensor and your getting irregular throttle response. Pull it and check for continuity and clean etc .......

Wouldn't spinning the tires throw the speed sensor code? I also know I have a diode out of the alternator could the junk diode that only acts up when I have my hid head lights and my PIAA fog lights on have caused it to do something like this when they weren't on.

I just went to move truck out of the shop for the week decided to drive it down the road and see what happens beings it's 9 out today....I drive a mile down the road pushing it hard doesn't do anything so I turned back around went the mile back and then another mile past my place the only thing it seemed to do was the same thing it does when it does the surge from the AC noise (just jumps up a couple 100 rpm) did that once one the way up and once on way back....not sure why it was so extreme yesterday but I'm thinking just AC noise from alternator or maybe the APPS...still will plan hooking a code reader to it tho