• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

had to sell out lol

olred92

Well gang the wife made me sell out sort of lol. I sold my 2002 for $11000. Only way she would let me get a new truck was if she could drive it. Needless to say I had to buy an auto tranny. Got a 2008 3500 4x4 and gave $26000. Is this a good price? I have already carried it to the shop and had a good bit of work done to it. DPF delete, 5in straight pipe, shut down the EGR cooler but did not delete, and had it tuned on efilive. Any other things I should do?

• Staff

Congrats on the new truck!What cab, bed config? How many miles? What trans? Pics?Amazing how these trucks hold their value, in Nov 2007 whole I was picking up my truck I priced a new 2008 QC LB 3500 SRW SLT G56 and it was 33 or 35K. Make sure it has the upgraded 3um nanonet fuel filter.

Sorry for the long wait on reply have been busy at work. Got two tractors with transmissions out, one with turbo problems, and a fertilizer truck with steering issues. It is a 4 door long bed with the slt package. It 106637 on the clock when I picked it up. And so far I'm liking it more than I thought. I miss my manual trans when towing but this truck is new enough to have the 6 speed auto with gear limitation( IDR exactly what it is called off hand).

And yes this does have a lot more power than my 2002 ever thought of having even with the 6.7 stock. Had the transmission tuned while it was at the shop and it makes a big difference in the shift quality. Gained about 3 mpg with the engine tuned compared to stock. And the 5in pipe sounds amazing lol

• Like 1

Have not done any appearance work and will not do much. Just tint my windows and a set of mid tires when these wear out. Possibly some ranch hand or road armor bumpers but idk yet. Looks like the perfect sleeper truck right now lol. Old man truck( I am told) but with slight modifications

post-1309-0-52078600-1388545258_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Very nice! I will be stepping into a crewcab in the near future as well, little ones are outgrowing the back seat. My plans have been to find a low mileage pre emission truck but the more I look at the 13 and up trucks and the changes theyve made the more I like them. I'm not in a big hurry at the moment, and Im contemplating holding out another 12 to 18 months and getting into a used 13. Its alot of money, but finding a well cared for low mileage 03-07 truck will cost an arm and a leg. They are going for a premium right now.

I drove my land scapers bone stock down to the DPF 08 6.7 cummins 4 door 1 ton dually with a dump body on it with an auto and about 120K on the clock, I could not believe the power it had compared to even my 05 with smarty jr set on high/ not even a close comparison.

Good luck and nice find!

I think you could have done better for what you got for your 02.

In my area it would have sold for well over 15K yet no questions asked. I see a lot of 2nd gen 24v's selling in the mid to high teens daily.

The 2nd gens are selling for the same price if not more than 3rd gens in the quad cab setup, 3rd gen mega cabs with over 100k miles seem to be selling for what they sold for brand new, everyone with one of those think they are driving a gold brick with wheels.

Edited by Wild and Free

• Staff

I drove my land scapers bone stock down to the DPF 08 6.7 cummins 4 door 1 ton dually with a dump body on it with an auto and about 120K on the clock, I could not believe the power it had compared to even my 05 with smarty jr set on high/ not even a close comparison.

Interesting. Something must have been done to it, the stock 6.7 just doesn't have the power and has more tq management. You had about 125/250 more flywheel power if it truly was stock.

Nope it is 100% stock, I don't know what to say that thing even being as heavy as it was was a blast to drive, the acceleration was unbelievable I couldn't believe it. I worked on it for him too so I looked it over pretty close.

This was a simple SOP judgement, I didn't drive it with a trailer on it to judge but it did have a heavy dump bed with about 1k lbs of material in it.

Edited by Wild and Free