• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ticking noise from motor all speeds

If I take out the injectors, I'm puting bigger ones in. Suggestions for mild upsize appreciated. I'm never going to go crazy with hp. But would like to improve mpg. Don't want to raise hp so much that I start having to upgrade other things as a result. Need to find a catalytic converter delete pipe too. Anyone make a bolt on?

No cat on that 01. Check out some RV275's for injectors. I think DAP probably has the best deal on them. They are about a 45hp over stock so you can keep your turbo and everything else. Nice little power upgrade and usually a boost in mileage. The majority of 24v owners on this site run them and have seen some pretty amazing results.

It was great meeting and visiting with you, I hope you came away with some information, I know that I did.  I have read that you want some sort of muffler or resonator or the truck will be pretty loud.  As we discussed most like the RV275's.  I do like my 75 hp injectors though.  

i cut my exhaust off right b4 the resonator(had rodents in the exhaust....) its been like that for 3-4yrs and i love it. talking on the phone can be difficult but i enjoy the sound of a CTD over any other motor. some prefer a mustang 223 or a chevy 350. and drive thrus usually double time it to get my away from their buildings.

• Like 1