Ram Van Calipers

Not sure if this will work or if anyone has tried this.  I just finished with doing my front brakes and the parts guy commented of replacing the calipers.  A mechanic said that if the calipers where working then no need to replace them, but I started looking on the internet.  I noticed that the calipers for a Ram Van 2500 looks just like the calipers on the pickup except that it is two pistons instead of the pickups single piston.  I have been looking in to doing a free spin hub conversion and one of the comments that I have read is that the Ford has better brakes because of the two piston calipers.  So what I am wondering is if anyone has tried the van calipers on the pickup front end?

Mine are only a single piston, so I guess that when I buy new calipers I will be getting some 02's. Thanks, I did not realize that the new trucks had dual piston, is it a noticable difference on stopping?

Mine is a 2000. I haven't changed them but the previous owner may have, I don't know.

00-02 calipers mount different than 94-99 calipers. The entire spindle assembly is different (pressed on rotors vs slip ons)

On the Ram van calipers, what year van? Are the rotors pressed onto the bearings? I have my doubts that it will work, the van will be a 2 wheel drive and your truck is a 4x4. The van probably does not have the unit bearings, they are probably similar to the 2 wheel drive pick ups.

Edited by diesel4life