• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ram Van Calipers

Not sure if this will work or if anyone has tried this.  I just finished with doing my front brakes and the parts guy commented of replacing the calipers.  A mechanic said that if the calipers where working then no need to replace them, but I started looking on the internet.  I noticed that the calipers for a Ram Van 2500 looks just like the calipers on the pickup except that it is two pistons instead of the pickups single piston.  I have been looking in to doing a free spin hub conversion and one of the comments that I have read is that the Ford has better brakes because of the two piston calipers.  So what I am wondering is if anyone has tried the van calipers on the pickup front end?

Mine are only a single piston, so I guess that when I buy new calipers I will be getting some 02's. Thanks, I did not realize that the new trucks had dual piston, is it a noticable difference on stopping?

Mine is a 2000. I haven't changed them but the previous owner may have, I don't know.

00-02 calipers mount different than 94-99 calipers. The entire spindle assembly is different (pressed on rotors vs slip ons)

On the Ram van calipers, what year van? Are the rotors pressed onto the bearings? I have my doubts that it will work, the van will be a 2 wheel drive and your truck is a 4x4. The van probably does not have the unit bearings, they are probably similar to the 2 wheel drive pick ups.

Edited by diesel4life