• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fasting And Praying

joecool911

I am about 1/3 into a fast and prayer session. We are praying for some big decisions at our church. Pivotal really. Don't really want to air any dirty laundry here, but my church is in a bit of turmoil. It's hard to fast. Not eating anything for 24 hours. But coffee, etc seems to be ok. The purpose of fasting is to help you stayed focused on prayer. The hunger reminds you to pray. It's like, I'm hungry, oh yeah, back to prayer. If anyone needs prayer tonight, I'm in the groove and am happy to pray for you too.

• Like 1

I know what you mean. I have not fasted much, but when I have, me and the wife did a 24 hour fast. No food, just water. It was a bit difficult to do, but we noticed a few things:

1. We did not actually get very fatigued from doing it

2. The hunger pain did not get any worse than when it first comes.

3. It felt very different to eat again.

Sometimes we really can live off of the word!