• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What Does This Hvac Door Do?

I was working on the truck today and seen this in the vent by your feet.  I am thinking it is the door for the defroster?  I think this has been off since last spring because I remember hearing something rattle.  I could never figure out what it was.  I did not notice anything unusual, but I have it set to blow air out at my feet 95% of the time or I have the windows down.post-1146-0-61941000-1391383531_thumb.jppost-1146-0-82005200-1391383551_thumb.jp

Edited by ABennin

• Owner

That clips on the top of the vent control shaft. I'm not sure of its exact function but I do know its for diverting air and in the control of it. This is not part of the blend door.

The tab on the bottom hooks the main door below it so make sure of your position before placing the top cover back on the HVAC case.

• Like 1

I don't actually have it all apart right now.  I was working under the dash and saw a shine from the light.  I was looking in from the passenger side and could see this in the vent and pulled it out with little effort from a needle nose pliers.  I was looking in the factory service manual, but it hard to tell exactly where it goes by the picture.  I will have to take another look at what you mentioned and see what exactly this one does in regards to operation.