• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injectors Vs Nozzles?

Wanting to get a bit better mileage and maybe just a little more get up and go when I feel like it. I am a mellow driver but once in a while I like to step on it a bit. Nothin major. I have read about what some of you have done and here is what I am thinking now the truck is paid off.

Assassin mech fuel pump, sounds like the electrical ones have issues here and there

Big line kit

Edge comp box

Edge Insight CS

Slight injector upgrade

Now what I don't understand is what difference is there in changing the nozzles if you can just get whole injectors? Other than some extra coin savings. Plus any other input on what I have planned would be helpful.

Steve

If you just change the nozzles you will have to disassemble the injectors yourself. Though I have never don that, Mike has a good article on cleaning your injectors which cover the dis assembly process and would not be afraid to do it. To get them to work properly you have to have them pop tested somewhere to be sure they all pop properly. For my money just by the whole injector from a reputable source that pop tests and flow matches them and be done with it. There are others here more knowledgeable than I than can add to this.

• Owner

Problem is with nozzles alone you can't pick and choose to get the proper flow match. Then looking at spray patterns you stuck too. Then you also have to take the injectors into a shop and have them pop tested. I would opt for a full injector that the set has been flow match and pop tested within tight specs.

I tend to stay away from Edge Juice products too many bells and whistles to screw up a good tune. The alarms and limits will change the fuel maps if setup wrong. I typically suggest to people to turn them all OFF don't use them. What they miss is they set the limit to low and the defuel start even earlier. So like most I see set the EGT at 1,100 and it start to defuel at 900 and working its way to max defuel at 1,100 so the truck seems really doggy and tune is off.

Edge Comp is exactly this just box. No bells and no whistles.

Thanks to you both for the answers. Was wondering what the deal was with just nozzles. Guess that ain't the way to go.

I saw you went with the Comp Box MoparMan and wasn't figuring on going with the Juice.

Been readin a lot of posts on here anytime I have a bit of a problem and it has helped me a lot.

Thanks muchly,

Steve

• Like 2