• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil Filter

I really didn't want to beat a dead horse here. I have been running Amsoil Oil filters eao80's on both my 05 and 01 and both trucks when you change the filter they are about 1 to 11/2 inches from the top. Almost everyone I talk to says there's runs over when they unscrew filter. Mine have never ran over and when I start the 01 you can here the difference until it pumps up.
I just ordered two Donaldson elf7349 to see what happens with those. Can anyone share there experience. 

• Staff

It all depends on how fast you change it. If I change right away I get spillage, if I want 60-90 minutes I don't.

It's normal for a Cummins to drain back a little, they don't have an anti-siphon in the filter.

The Donaldson ELF7349 and Amsoil EaO80 are the same filter, different label. I use the Donaldson as it's cheaper, espeiclaly from www.filterspro.com

• Like 1

It all depends on how fast you change it. If I change right away I get spillage, if I want 60-90 minutes I don't.

It's normal for a Cummins to drain back a little, they don't have an anti-siphon in the filter.

The Donaldson ELF7349 and Amsoil EaO80 are the same filter, different label. I use the Donaldson as it's cheaper, espeiclaly from www.filterspro.com

When I change its right away, with in 10 min. or so. And leave it to me to if the same oil filter.