• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need help with Trailer Lighting Wiring Connection

Hi Guys... Love the site! Somehow, I have lost the trailer light connector that took it from the 8-pin(?) 2-rows of 4 pins rectangular connector that transitioned the wiring to the round 7-pin (?) connector for my trailer connection. The various part stores don't seem to have it. Where can I get this other than a Dodge dealer who will charge an arm and a leg? r is this an aftermarket connector I need to get at a trailer place? My preference is on-line... (Cheaper???) Thanks in advance!

Edited by gtvdad

Have you checked under the back seat... That's where I always keep mine. Look where it should not be: either still in the socket on the bumper or still on the last trailer used. The adaptor from Dodge is a dealer part but I'm sure I've seen other aftermarket brands. I would definately check WalMart as well as a well stocked autoparts. I looked up Reese brand http://www.reese-hitches.com/product_categories/electrical#connectors (12.05 + s&h) then search on Amazon.com for a discount price. http://www.amazon.com/Reese-Towpower-74607-Wiring-Adapter/dp/B000CPI6VI/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1264509828&sr=1-32 (4.52 + s&h) Wait! Are you saying the OEM trailer socket back into the truck wiring harness? I'm confused! If you lost this part of the OEM harness you have 2 choices, Steal one from your neighbor's Dodge... no wait, he owns a shot gun... how about a salvage yard! Or dealer. There are some dealers who will sell OEM parts over the internet. Russ

Edited by flagmanruss
Russ can't spell