• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Toy Hauler problems befre big trip...

Yes, I checked the fuse & there's still power (DVM) to separate pump switch (what got loose) and the circuit board.  There's not much on the board...  a bunch of 270 ohm resistors & 3 2N390 2 leg little transistors...  diodes.  Transistors have 3 legs, diodes 2.  (hard to see under)  I think it hit near the transistors diodes the way the board was sitting upside down.  

The traces look undamaged.  Resistors will check for continuity.  I haven't done a transistor since I was a kid.  I should have paid better attention when Dad was in a teaching mood but I did build several kits.  At the Electronic Shop I wasn't a bench tech... did wiring, techs did boards.  That's still an option since the board is marked for the components values.  I can do resistors...  maybe diodes...  or get a tech to do it.        

Edited by flagmanruss

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't fixed / replaced the water systems circuit board yet...  needed the water system running.  I installed the rocker switch I got from the RV dealer in the panel & after solder splicing /heat shrink tubing the extensions & installing new F/M spade lugs on the ends, I have a working water pump.  The steel panel screws were just through the wall paneling & when I removed them, the rust stripped out the holes.  I installed plastic wall anchors & found SS Self Tapping screws...  screwed the panel to the wall.  The control panel had feet the screws passed through & the flanges on the wall anchor interfere by a fraction so it doesn't quite sit tight to the wall.  I don't care.  I installed the fuse...  the pump runs & the water comes out.

I kept the circuit board out in case I decide to work on it, so the rest of the features are non-functional.  At least we can flush!   

I have more things to work on... 

• 1 month later...

New type guages require different in tank connections...  not going to happen.  An aquaintance on a Powerchair forum offered to take a look at it.  I shipped it to him in a flat rate box.  He found a burnt trace where the hot lead had grounded.  He glued a spec of stiff wire (off a resistor) & soldered the ends.  He insisted the switches were not reliable (though I just think they were hard to test with the board loose but I was not going to argue with him.  He replaced the switches...  unsoldered the components from the board. 

He had said he would not accept payment...  I included a check to cover the postage...  It was shipped back along with my check! 

I can't be sure (unless I fill the tanks) but think it's fixed.