• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

brake problems?

I know I need to change my fluid but sometimes I will barely touch my brake pedal and the front brakes will almost lock up. It doesn't do it all the time. Pedal is great but I don't like how sensitive they are. Do I have a problem with my system? Has anybody had brakes like this?

I have an 01 with rear drums. It doesn't pull at all when brakes are applied. Going to do a full brake job in the near future. I had thought at one point that I had bad calipers but am thinking they are fine and just need pads. Going to upgrade the rear drums With the gm part that I read about on here.

I know I need to change my fluid but sometimes I will barely touch my brake pedal and the front brakes will almost lock up. It doesn't do it all the time. Pedal is great but I don't like how sensitive they are. Do I have a problem with my system? Has anybody had brakes like this?

Does this only occur on you first braking application?

Yeah seems worse on the first couple steps on the pedal but have had them act up after a 30 mile trip. Went to parts store and they were fine on the way up, got my parts, when leaving hit the pedal and almost threw by buddy against the dash. Inconsistent

Ahh, I see. I was speculating that maybe you were experiencing the first initial braking applications. If that was the case it would have more than like have been from the flash rust occurring on the rotors.

Is there such a thing as a cheap low dust pad? What brand would you recommend? The pads I have now produce a ton of dust. Is there a difference betwenn the pads that have 1 long pad and the ones that look like they have 2 smaller pads? If that makes sense