• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

At the end of my rope (more)

Taking my truck to the dealer, had enough. I did find one new thing the intermittent wipers do not work and they do not stop at home. There is a black box under the dash next to the ash tray. It's called the CTM. It controls the delayed wipers and other functions on the CCD bus! Thought I would put this on here, hope it might help someone else.

Yeah the CTM or also know as the BCM body control module are crazy. When mine went out the seat belts would lock you in the seat as if in an accident.  The radio wouldn't work at times. It caused a lot of odd problems. 

• Like 2

Not sure, after doing everything I could to fix the No Bus condition, I realized last night that the wipers were not in the at home position and that they do not work in delay mode. Started looking into the CTM and found it controls the wipers and other devices. And from what I can tell maybe all of the items in the cab using the CCD bus route through this thing. And it may need to be flashed! Starting to think maybe a 1972 One ton dually with a big block looks like a good idea!

Well it kind of makes since with the issues you were having that this could be the fix. Does your steering wheel have radio controls?

when mine went out due to the fact that it was a sport and had steering wheel controls it cost me $650 for them to replace and reprogram mine.

Even for someone like myself that has access to a factory scanner (DBR3) I couldn't fix it with out taking it to the dealer.

• Like 2

That's crazy! More electrical gremlins, they drive me nuts too! $650 for windshield wipers to work, oh man. Really, also locks you into the seat belt? If it was just the wipers RainX is what I would go to, but man!

• Like 1

Ya know I get the part that if we need fuel injection to work we need a processor. But we could have used the old tried and true wire to fuse to switch to light instead of another processor(s) Just sayin!