• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What size is the Dodge factory towing package?

That's a question I can't get answered...

Why is that only RV's require a Weight Distribution Hitch where most all utility trailers don't? Like my Fire Chief has utility box trailers that gross more weight than my RV but don't require a WD hitch. Even my BigTex 70TV is really close to the RV in weights but doesn't require a WD hitch either. But some can hitch up to a bumper bull flat bed trailer grossing 13,000 to 14,000 with a tractor no problem without a WD hitch but on the flip side RV requires (or highly suggested). Why is this?

here's  a  shot in the dark...

RV's  'look'  like  they  may have  a  higher  center of  gravity..  (of course,  depending on how a  utility trailer is loaded...)    and  upon   braking,    that may   cause   more  rotational  downforce  on the hitch..  

RV's  are  loaded/towed   'heavy'   dang near  100%  of the time,  a  utility  is    closer to 50%   of the time..      (run  empty to   pick  up  a load,  return home  loaded..  or  vice versa  ) 

Location of   axles...     RV's   more  rearward  on   axle  CL...  giving more   tongue weight,  (but more   towing  stability)  than   a  utility?  Some people  only   pull a trailer   once or  twice a year,  and   having  ease of  pulling/stability  may be more important than  'light'  tongue weight.. 

Or  here's  another  thought:     people  who can  afford  a  nice  RV,   can also  afford  this  'option'  (whether or not  it's really needed) 

This  is  all I can come up with!

• 2 weeks later...