• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Help- annoying whistle noise

Having a noise becoming apparent only when in drive and putting my foot down.. Sounds from drivers side but could be playing tricks on me. I know the difference between the turbos whistle and this is defiantly a new one. I can't pin point.

Any ideas guys? Not sure if its something gone bad.. Just know I gotta get this solved.

Added a video: or at least ill try.. sorry, best audio I could come up with. This is with the AC off and radio off.trim.EdAwki.MOV

Edited by Hogamatog

Yeeep.. On the way back from buying parts to make a tester like you did I kinda gunned it when I got close to the house just to see what'd happen. Well something happened alright lol. Heard a strange pop and really started being funny with me. Killed it when I got home and could hear the sound of the air dying down.. Intake gasket like ya said bud. Now to fix.. Would I be alright to. Drive maybe 5 miles total to get what I need?post-2312-0-05042400-1403819265_thumb.jp

• Owner

I see what happen you pulled the stock filter off and didn't replace the bolts. So Pop! The gasket was weak right there and blew out. Also with the 2 bolts missing the boost pressure would been whistling out the two holes.

How to pull the injector lines.

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/25-fuel-system/60-injection-lines-removal

Then just pull the remaining bolts and replace.

Just make sure to get 2 shorter bolts for the stock filter location. The filter bolts are too long they will bottom out.

• Like 1

I have no idea why I didn't replace those dern things.. Guess I wasn't thinking on my part back in the day when it was giving me so many problems. Just picked up the gasket and acquired me some bolts off my buddies 12v engine he had laying in a shop doing nothing. Looks like I get to have some fun after work tomorrow.. I appreciate the info Michael! Thank ya

• Like 1

Well got the gasket swapped out and had to do the water pump, thermostat while I was at it, everything works great now. Thanks. How's it look now? I decided to get a little paint happy in the bay. I think it looks a lot better than all solid black/ sloppy neon green the PO tried to cover up.post-2312-0-06229400-1404009950_thumb.jppost-2312-0-74402900-1404009977_thumb.jppost-2312-0-98509900-1404010002_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Yea it runs great now man, I'm cleaning up and painting the crank vent mod right now, one thing I can't figure out is while I'm driving down the road at whatever speed when I barely get on or off the accelerator, with my other foot near or behind the brake pedal I can feel a bunch of vibrations and can even hear a little something odd. Any ideas?post-2312-0-34830500-1404339894_thumb.jp

• Owner

Yea it runs great now man, I'm cleaning up and painting the crank vent mod right now, one thing I can't figure out is while I'm driving down the road at whatever speed when I barely get on or off the accelerator, with my other foot near or behind the brake pedal I can feel a bunch of vibrations and can even hear a little something odd. Any ideas?attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yep, wonder what the heck is going on

Crawl under the truck and check the fender skirt and the fender mountings. You might find the fender is torn loose from the cab. Might notice the fender to door gap is a bit weird.  Also check the body mounts to the frame for problems.