• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

VP44 Poll

Off topic I do live in Wisconsin and often see negative temps through out the winter and am yet to have a problem with my stock lift pump which has been replaced once and to my knowledge the vp44 is original i got the truck at 120,000 and acording to the dodge dealer the lift pump was just replaced and the vp was original I just started the two stroke oil diet about 10-15 thousand ago and my two questions are how long do i have before they dump and aparently this is unusual that they last this long? Im just starting the proccess of instaling my fuel pressure gauge so i'll post again since im curious of my actual pressure and the drop I get when my heaters cycle with the stock lift pump...

120,000k is a long time but it's not the VP that doesn't last it's the lift pump that doesn't, which you already went through one. If you can catch it in time, you replace the lift pump and the VP doesn't know the difference, the VP's go out when you continue driving with low pressure and it gets hot and probably doesn't have much lube so it dies on you. They will last inevitably, as long as they have sufficient cooling and lubrication in the fuel. Getting a good lift pump ensures this along with the 2 stroke thing.