• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

MnTom is Broke Down near Standish Michigan. Is anyone near?

Well, my truck is fixed. It was the input shaft, but not quite what I was told........

$1387.75 later I have a rebuilt transmission. The guy working on it decided to put new clutches in, new seals, snap rings, updated some strut, and a few other parts and pieces. Not what I planned for, but that's the way things go sometimes.

post-18-0-85413400-1406074124_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-24189200-1406074134_thumb.jpg

Pump and all other parts were good. The only reason they put new clutches in was because they had it tore apart. The old clutches showed a little wear, but were in good shape. I even have all the old parts. They did say the transmission was in good shape for having about 140,000 miles on it.

Well, we can now consider this one closed. I left NE Ohio at ablut 0930 Monday and pulled into my driveway 917 miles later at about 1030 Tuesday. My truck gave me absolutely zero problems. I needed to get home so I could haul my car about 85 miles to my son and haul his back. His Jetta TDI is running like crap, but that is another thread. I even got back from that at about 5:30 tonight....I am not used to days like this an I am tired.............

lol..........that's what you get for taking vacation :rv: , wife and I travel a fair bit and it never fails one always pays the price afterwards in stuff that got put on a back burner biting you or all the other stuff that pops up out of the blue. :ahhh:

Taking a vacation? Shoot, I have been on "vacation" since August 15th of last year! I actually kind of lke retirement! Now if the money was there to support it..........