• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

so i know it's a code for one of the relays for the grid heater....my question is, where is said relay, where do i find a new one, and how much will i be out?i think my grid heater comes on at idle now no matter what the outside temp is...and this causes my truck to sound like it has a lope...and my scan gauge will say my IAT's are up over like 110 degrees if i idle for like 10 mins on a somewhat warm day....so my choices are to either get the new relay and fix the problem, or do the lazy thing and unplug the grids for good till next winter...haha what do y'all think i should do?

They are under the drivers side battery, in front of it kinda. You will see the two relays with 1 wire on each relay the same size as the ones going to the grid, there is also 2 more wires that are tiny going to each relay. If you are having trouble, unhook the green wire on each relay, then they won't be able to energize until you get everything fixed.Theres mine with a the positive side unplugged.

post-45-138698163358_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

ooooooh, THOSE things are the relays?? i figured they may be in the fusebox under the hood...thanks for the pic man...i think i'll just un hook em from the battery later this week...it's kinda sorta cold out here right now(like upper 40's :lol:) so i'll wait a while and un hook, and in the summer find the bad relay