• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Now engine temp gauge reading low

I posted a question about my fuel gauge reading higher than normal last week. Sounds like the sending unit in the tank is bad.

Today my engine temp is reading about 25* low. Pretty simple and cheap to change thermostat, in fact I have one one hand. Then probably looking at the temp sensor in the head. But now I'm becoming skeptical about these two conditions happening at roughly the same time. About a week apart. Engine operating normal it seems. Just wondering if these two conditions could be related in a weird way?

• 2 weeks later...

Wel this is interesting. Decided to pull the thermostat since it's so easy. High dollar cummins $60 thermostat failed. So the items listed above are not related. The disc on the bottom of thermostat fell off. Hope there is nothing else besides the stainless disc floating around to get caught somewhere in the cooling system. Had an old Napa thermostat in my spares box. Temperature normal now. $8 thermostat saves the day!

Glad I didn't spend a bunch of time on electrical issues! I did buy a digital volt meter and no alternator noise issues.