• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

brake fluid change again

Well a paid a guy that I trusted pretty well to do a brake job and fluid flush on the dually. After looking at it and having a severe vibration I called him out on it. Boy was he pissed. Trying to fight me and everything. What do you guys think. Put maybe 100 miles on it before I had a chance to flush it myself today. The vibration is a another long story. The pic is what I sucked out of the reservoir

One other thing, I think I may have glazed my front pads cause I took down the track the day after they were put on. Are they toast or will they come back after some wear?

post-2219-0-76239600-1408226746_thumb.jp

Edited by rseabur

That sounds like the guy who did my tranny. You sure they ain't the same guy???

That is an ugly jar of brakefluid for being freshly flushed.

Unless you got your front brakes real hot you shouldn't have hurt them one bit.

They got pretty hot. Seem to not have the stopping power that they did the day I put them on but didn't drive it a whole lot. Maybe they are normal and I'm not used to it since I put new drums on the rear at same time since the same guy screwed them up also while trying to turn them.

• Owner

Unless some one done a cheap shot sucked the fluid out of the reservoir and never really bled the brakes down. Even then I'm not exactly a fond of doing just that. When some bleeds the system down like that you tend to pump the debris from the reservoir down to the calipers where it settles in the bottom and start binding up the pistons. If I'm going to flush the system I pull all the calipers off and disassemble, clean, check the fit of the parts, check the seals and boots.  Then by then the system is self drained, now just install the calipers and bleed the system.

• Staff

That fluid is 5+ years old! The mechanic that did the work is a _thief_ charging for work that's not done. I hope you #1 got your money back and #2 reported him to the proper state authority. 

A  fluid flush every 2-3 years or 30k-45k mi and you wouldn't worry about rust or anything else in the brake system. As for taking the calipers off and disassembling them for inspection; if you have the know how, the tools, and the time, no problem. If you have a mechanic do it the cost is going to be in the hundreds of $ and it might be cheaper to replace them with rebuilt parts. 

Well didn't get my money back. The guy is actually my brother inlaws brother if that makes since. That fluid actually has a lot of.new mixed in with it due to him not bleeding it also. Lets just say I got screwed bad by him. After he got done wit it I had to buy a new set.of drums also. I don't have the know how to take everything apart so I just did the flush into the mason jar like I saw on here since I am a one man show. Hope it will be fine.