• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

tach variation

I have  a 1998 qcsb 4x4 5 speed and I noticed a slight movement in the tach needle at all rpms. It has done it since I bought it back in april and was wondering if it might be a warning sign of a sensor on its way out. It only moves about the width of the needle and I cant feel and change in speed or engine noise. I am going on a 3 week trip at the end of the month and thought that I might bring a spare but I don't know if it would be, the crank or cam sensor. All of my other trucks seem to have a rock solid tach needle but this has me bugged.

• Like 1