• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

It All Depends On How You Look At It

dorkweed

I don't usually give financial or investment advice, but I am now going to be your new financial advisor . . . . .
If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines 5 years ago, you would have $49.00 today! If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG 5 years ago, you would have $33.00 today. If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers 5 years ago, you would have $0.00 today. 
But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for the recycling refund, you would have received $214.00. Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle. It is called the 401-Keg biggrin.gif thumbsup.gif
  • Like 1

and here i get $1000 i buy gold or silver. stocks are based on a fiat money and backed by a promise. gold is tangible.

...IMO, not as tangible as a physical good that has immediate value. Understandably, gold can fit in a pocket whereas food, etc. cannot. But on the other hand, gold won't offer much if your starving, at that moment.

That's why I think its more important to stock up on goods before the funny money has no value.

...IMO, not as tangible as a physical good that has immediate value. Understandably, gold can fit in a pocket whereas food, etc. cannot. But on the other hand, gold won't offer much if your starving, at that moment.

That's why I think its more important to stock up on goods before the funny money has no value.

I've  been  payin the bills now for   north of  30 years..    It's  pretty  safe to say       our  dollar  has    decreased by  67%  in those years.   I don't look at  it  as  'Man,  stuff  sure has gotten  expensive"  in  30 years..  I look at it as  "  look how many dollars it  takes  to  buy  'this' or 'that'...   which is  the same as  saying;  The dollar  has lost it's value.    It  takes  3X  the  paper to buy  the  same  goods  than  30 years ago.    But on the other hand,    the amount of  gold  (by weight) purchasing power   really hasn't  changed much.

100 yrs ago,  a  cow  was worth  1 ounce of gold...  about the same today.

a  ford  model t  was   what  500 bucks?    so  about  15-18   ounces of  gold..       15 ounces today  would  get you a  nice  starter car,   with  AC  and  no hand crank starter!!

Where she stops..  nobody knows!

• Like 1