• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Holley HP150 Installation PICS

Installation is complete of the Holley HP150 Fuel Pump.

This was an upgrade from a Holley Black type fuel pump.

Main advantage of this pump is that it's a gerotor style gear pump. Gerotor pumps are long lasting and smooth, quiet running. Holley blue is a vane pump.

Posted Image

Gerotor gear set

Posted Image

Compared to the vane style of blue / black pumps

Posted Image

Comparison

Posted Image

Old setup below; new setup above.

Posted Image

Installed

Posted Image

Installed

Posted Image

• Like 1

Glad to see you posted that write-up over here Anton!! I was very impressed with it when I saw it on CF. I hope the HP150 turns out to have longevity. It would be a great option for our trucks. Can you tell us what pressure you get at idle and WOT?

Thanks for the comments. Summit Racing sells the pump for $215. It comes with a pressure reducing valve - which i did not need - however it can't be purchased without it. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-12-150/ I selected a filter base that utilizes a Cummins filter, Baldwin #FB1311. The one pictured is a Donaldson P562262, due to availability and cost. I am using a Luberfiner LFF5 fuel filter on the suction side, and the stock fuel filter before the injection pump. Fuel/water separators can also be used on this base, Cummins FS1212. The filter base is a quality unit and has -10 ORB (o-ring boss) ports instead of the inferior NPT. The o-ring creates a positive seal every time, with no sealants required for a clean installation. I opted not to purchase an airdog or fass, largely due to parts availability. An HP-150 can be purchased at any major performance warehouse, as well as service parts. Upon initial installation I was getting low pressure, around 10psi dropping to 7. The relief valve setup is almost identical to that of a Holley Black or blue pump, and can be tweaked using different springs. Replacing the spring resulted in a solid 20 psi with little to no pressure fluctuation. I have not tried the adrenaline on 10 yet, but I do not anticipate a problem - the holley black had no problems maintaining 10+ psi on level 10. This pump is very quiet even at 20psi. I cannot hear it over the engine running. The Holley black however, is noisy and can be heard at idle.

Well thanks for bring that tidbit over to the forum... Now I got a question for ya... What is the warranty of the Holley? :shrug:

Holley Performance Products, Inc. products are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 90 days from the date of purchase, except Avenger series carburetors, which carry a lifetime warranty on parts and a one-year warranty on labor. Any Holley deep cell battery also carries a one-year warranty. For select carburetors and superchargers, there will be a core charge. If the part qualifies, there will be a letter and a call tag included in the box from Holley. The part must be returned to Holly, and if it is in acceptable condition, Holly will issue credit directly to the customer. In addition, Holley Performance Products, Inc.'s limited warranty specifically does not apply to products which have been modified or altered in any way, subjected to adverse conditions such as misuse, neglect, accident, improper installation or adjustment, dirt or other contaminants, water, corrosion or faulty repair, or used in applications other than those recommended by Holley Performance Products, Inc. This warranty does not warrant and disclaims all liability for products used in racing activities and/or applications, other than those specifically recommended by Holley Performance Products, Inc.